If you see yourself through your strengths and not through your weaknesses you will NEVER have low self esteem!

Posted by Cynthia McInnis | Posted in | Posted on 8:54 AM

3

This is not to say that you should ignore your weaknesses by any means, only see yourself through your strengths.  If you look in the mirror and only see the scar on your chin or that love handle, jelly roll under the belt you may forget the pretty face that stares back at you everyday saying, "what about me? Don't I matter?" 

I believe low self esteem comes from how we see ourselves.  God fixed that when he beautified the meek with salvation and assured us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Even down to our feet, as jacked up as they may look to us, he says, how beautiful are the feet of them that preach the Gospel!

God never defined us by our environments or family traits.  He calls us his royal priesthood, chosen generation and peculiar people.  You have value! It came from the top - So, tell me, where in the world does low self esteem come from?  Holla bak

Comments Posted (3)

Low self esteem can also come from believing other people's opinion about yourself. Of course we shouldn't do that, but sometimes we do.

Remember, most people develop their opinions from some fact. Opinions are not generally, "out of the blue" but they are from some aspect of the person's reality. The person's responsibiliy is to choose the angle from which to see himself. "O.K. I can be kind of lazy, that is my weakness but I am willing to admit that, fix that and move on; that is my strength! I choose to see myself from there.

You hit it right on the head with one word - 'choose'.

We can choose to live in our weakness or get up and doing sumthin' about it. I choose the latter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails