The Valley of Discouragement

Posted by Cynthia McInnis | Posted in | Posted on 2:17 PM

3

Even the best of us have been there.  How many of us are seriously functioning our way through life? We do what we do because it's right to do or it is what brings the best results, but inside we have fading dreams and visions. You are not always free to do the things you dream, i.e, you want to travel the world but you have three little babies to raise, you want to start a business but you have nothing more than a desire, you want to write a book but you'd have to write it at 4:30 am when everybody is asleep and you find yourself sleep-writing. The wife and help meet who dares to dream a dream or have a personal goal but knows it would only complicate her first commitment to her husband.  The very last thing she wants is a conflict of interest so she wakes herself up from that dream.  What about the chief adjutant to the one that's making all the noise? If you have dreams and desires, it seems as though you have to stop helping someone else in order to "do you."  To the loyal, the faithful and the committed, that is not an option so you find yourself in the valley of discouragement. I've got help for you from my friend, Dr. Mark V.C. Taylor's message, "The Things that are Unseen", trust in the unseen power of God.  He knows where you are right now and if he gave you a dream, if he gave you a vision, he will see it all the way through.  If you don't have faith in the valley your stay there will be extended.  Sometimes our dreams are realized in steps and helping another man's dream come to pass is, in fact, a step toward your own expected end.  It is not ours to bring it to pass, it's ours to keep on stepping.  Holla bak!

Comments Posted (3)

the valley of discouragement has truly taken its toll on believers and often times we put someone elses needs above our own and therefore "our" dreams are postponed. But its time to make something happen...for us. I have always had the pleasure of encouraging and pushing others...now I wonder where do I begin? Where? somewhere...I need to work towards achieving atleast one of my goals...even if its just to learn how cut men's hair (lol)...Let the process begin!!

Sitting here in the valley of discouragement, don't really know what to feel. But the one thing I do know is that God is truly real. I've spent the best part of my life taking care of someone else. Now that God has put me in a position, to look out for myself. I stand confused, which road do I take, which way do I choose. But since I'm already standing Ill just stand still thought I already told you God is real, I'm not alone in this valley. I have to watch n follow where he leads. Apologize for the poetry, but from one to another, you know how it is. Thank you for being you. I needed that!!

Hey - thanks for your comments. This helps others to understand that they are not alone at the crossroads. It's a lonely place but a very important place. Wait on the Lord and be of GOOD COURAGE and HE will strengthen thine heart - since God knows waiting isn't easy, David repeated it, Wait I say on the Lord. Be blessed

Related Posts with Thumbnails